A culinary-musical event that evokes the flavors and sounds of home
This is a one-time journey in the footsteps of the flavors and sounds from the childhoods of leading Israeli performers. What are the roots of their music? What is its flavor? The sounds that wafted from the radio in the corner of the kitchen together with the aromas of the dishes, the flavors that mixed with the gorgeous melodies of the 1970s, the music of food and home – all come together in a series of multisensory performances on the Alliance House stage.
On this unique evening we will be hosting 4 musicians against 4 cooks:
– Musician Hadas Kleinman with dehisces of her Yemenite grandmother
– Singer Liora Itzhak, whose parents came from India
– Abata Barihon – Born in Addis Ababa – with sounds of Israeli jazz and traditional Ethiopian cuisine.
– Ravid Kochlani and the Yemen Blues with their African shake and Chef Yehonatan Vadei from “Bab el Yaman” Restaurant.
– After the performances, dessert will be served to the sounds of DJ Giora Israel.
The solo boutique shows + aperitif – Occurs in studios around the house in rotation throughout the evening. Length of performances: 20 minutes per show (Liora Isaac, Abata Barihon, Hadas Kleinman) A ticket buyer will have the opportunity to experience the three performances and three paratypes.
The Yemen Blues show will play songs from the band’s two studio albums, the most recent being INSANYIA produced by legendary musician and producer Bill Lazwell (who worked with Mick Jagger, Rabbi Hancock, and Iggy Pop).
When purchasing a ticket you will be able to choose between experiencing the three short shows and three tastings or a long Yemen Blues performance with a taste of the Yemeni falafel.
The entrance to the “dessert party” with DJ Giora Israel is included in every ticket.
The event is divided into 2 parts:
At 20:00pm – opening doors for ticket buyers for the three short shows
Beginning time of the 3 short shows is 20:30pm
At 21:00pm, doors open to ticket buyers for the Yemen Blues show
The show starts at 21:30 pm
At 22:15 pm – the entire audience gathers on the patio (in the center of the Alliance House) and will have a “dessert party” of about an hour. Entrance to the party starting at 22:30 is free.
This event was made possible through the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation’s Grassroots Events program.
The event includes
- Solo boutique shows + Tastings - will be held in studios throughout the Alliance House. (Liora Isaac, Abata Barihon, Hadas Kleinman)
- Or: A full Yemen Blues show+ tasting - in the basement of the Alliance House
- A "Dessert Party" with DJ Giora Israel. Entrance to the party starting at 22:30 is free.
- The price on early sale: 75 NIS
- 20:30 - Opening doors
- The entire event hours are: 20:30-00:30
About the Location
Alliance House is New Spirit’s home base, as well as a hothouse for the artwork of a creative entrepreneurial and professional community in Jerusalem. New Spirit received Alliance House for temporary use after the historic building, located in the heart of the Mahane Yehuda market, had stood vacant for fifteen years. Alliance House serves as a model for a community working together, guided by common values and based on shared creativity. The Alliance House community is made up of seven groups of artists that work there, interacting with one another and sharing ideas. New Spirit’s goal is to develop professional, creative, and diverse communities with a Jerusalem-based identity and leadership consciousness — communities that will stimulate economic development and social change in Jerusalem.