A gastronomic-artistic experience
A bite of halva, the smell of za’atar, the thunderous voices calling to buy fresh vegetables and sophisticated delicacies. Ready to devote yourself to the market experience? Join us for a one-time interactive meal to celebrate the diversity and cultural, social and culinary stories of the Mahane Yehuda market. Chef, Tali Friedman and Food Artist Nicole Vindel, will take you to a truly unique gastronomic-artistic experience that will lead you through the historical milestones, traditions and tastes and into the gastronomic richness of the market.
The event includes
- A four-course guided meal inspired by the past, present and future of the Mahane Yehuda market.
- oxtail dumplings in beef stock
- Mediterranean style Fish&Chips
- Israeli Couscous with onions and herbs, Moroccan fish patties, beets, "Arisa" and horseradish
- White beans "hummus spread" with sliced lamb stew
- Sugar-coated chocolate cream with pink marmalade
- Stories, music, and guest sharing activities
- Photography: Ricky Rachman
- Styling by Orna Shaul from "Vanity" Tel Aviv
About the Location
At 19, Tali began her professional studies at “Hadassah” College in Jerusalem and continued her training at “Lenôtre” cheffing school in Paris. Upon her return, she worked with some of the best chefs in Israel, including Ezra Kedem at Restaurant “Arcadia”, Eyal Shani at “Okyanus” and Rafi Cohen at “La Regence” of “King David Hotel”. During this time, she became very attracted to Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda Market.
Today, Tali is the owner of The Atelier in the Jerusalem Mahane Yehuda Market. The Atelier is heavily influenced by fresh and seasonal ingredients with a meticulous emphasis on simple Mediterranean
cuisine and the delicious flavors of my youth.
You may find this interesting as wellSee All Events
We will visit two mothers from Jerusalem – women from very different cultures and backgrounds. We’ll sample their cooking and listen to stories from their lives as women and mothers in the environments where they live.