Ride, stop, taste, go on
When it comes to Israeli fare, we are people who love absolutely everything… So instead of debating what’s the best food to taste and where’s the best place to visit, we invite you to try a bit of all, at your own pace and on your own schedule.
As a part of the unique collaboration between the Jerusalem Light Rail CityPass and the BiteMojo app that is taking place during the OpenRestaurants™ festival (from Wednesday until late Friday afternoon, before the beginning of the Sabbath), you can purchase a tasting package that will give you both free travel on the light rail using the CityPass and a number of tastings (3 or 5 of your choosing) in the dining halls, restaurants, food stalls, and artisan chef centers around the city, near the light rail stations between Nablus Gate, the Old City, the City Hall and the Mahane Yehuda market.
Is it worth it? For sure! Is it tasty? Insanely so!
So come on, board the train!
How it works:
- Purchase the tasting package on the OpenRestaurants™ website.
- Download the BiteMojo app. To download the free app, click here for Apple and Android devices.
- On a day of the festival, stop at one of the tourist information stations and collect the Taste Train Activity Kit, which includes the code for loading your tastings on the app and the Rav-Kav smart transportation card that gives you access to ride the light rail.
- Tourist information stations are located at Tzahal Square (near the City Hall light rail station) and next to the Mahane Yehuda market (near the Mahane Yehuda station). The tourist information stations are open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
To the list of business participating and opening hours, please press Here
The event includes
- Free ride on the CityPass light rail throughout the festival (Wednesday-Saturday during the light rail hours)
- 3 or 5 tastings (depending on your choice) in the businesses near the light rail stations, which appear in the app - on festival days
- The Taste Train Activity Kit is available to pick up during the opening hours of ITRAVEL stations and until Friday 22/11 the latest
- Tasting will be available on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday depending on train and business opening hours.
- There is no option to get the tastings without picking up the Taste Train Activity Kit
About the Location
The bitemojo culinary tasting app – an Israeli innovative venture – is the first app in the world to recognize a place through an encounter with its fine local food and points of interest. Through the app, you are invited to embark on an independent culinary experience, at your own time and pace, while enjoying convenient and friendly navigation, a series of quality tastings from the best of local cuisine. Bitemojo is currently deployed on 11 destinations and the app is active in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Rome, Berlin, Barcelona, Budapest, Bangkok and more..
You may find this interesting as wellSee All Events
There is nothing more Israeli than falafel, just as there is nothing more Israeli than the years-long dispute over where the tastiest falafel can be found — in Jerusalem, of course (where else?). But there’s no easy decision here, either. Join us on a mission of national importance: to locate Jerusalem’s best falafel. We don’t […]